Watermark Photography Competition
The Watermark photographic competition is back in town this year and there has never been a better time to get your camera out with than spring. The rules state that photographs must be taken within 5 miles of Ivybridge which puts Lukesland Gardens will within bounds. Please read the terms of the competition below if you feel like entering.
The Watermark Amateur Photographic Competition 2019 Terms and Conditions.
This year’s theme is ‘Picture postcard Ivybridge’. We are looking for photographs that capture the beauty, character, history and natural history of Ivybridge and the surrounding area throughout the seasons and suitable for a postcard that would showcase the town to visitors.
The judges will shortlist up to 24 photographs, from these, 12 photos selected by the public will appear in The Ivybridge Calendar 2020 which will be available to purchase from The Watermark Information Desk, Ivybridge from October onwards.
The closing date for entries is midnight on 31/07/2019.
Please read the rules before entering. They are available on our website and from the Information Desk at The Watermark.
Terms and Conditions
Entrants can submit no more than 1 photo in colour to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Digital images must be at least 1600 x 1100 pixels in resolution and landscape in orientation.
Photos must be taken within a 5 mile radius of the town.
All photographs will be judged on the following criteria:
Suitability for inclusion in a calendar/postcard
Recognisable local landmarks
5) Entrants must state for each photo their full name, address, email address and daytime telephone number and clearly state the location and the month that the photograph was taken.
6) Ivybridge Town Council understands that digital photography does allow for some image enhancement. Images that have had spots, scratches or other blemishes or minor features removed are acceptable. You can work on the colour, enhance or crop the image in order to improve the composition.
7) We will not accept composite images-those that stitch 2 or more separate images together to make one image, or entries which superimpose elements photographed separately onto an image.
8) Ivybridge Town Council reserves the right to exclude any image that we believe has been excessively treated so as to alter its authenticity. Ivybridge Town Councils decisions as to the eligibility of individual photographs will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9) The competition is open to UK residents only. Employees of Ivybridge Town Council and their immediate families are not eligible to enter. Entrants under the age of 16 years need to provide written consent from their parent/guardian.
10) Entrants must not be professional photographers. For the purposes of this competition, a professional photographer is considered to be someone who makes more than half their annual income from the sale of their photographs.
11) Ivybridge Town Council will only ever use personal details for the purpose of administering this competition.
12) The competition closes at midnight on 31/07/2019. Entries received after this date will not be considered. Ivybridge Town Council cannot accept responsibility for any problem that may result in any entry becoming lost or delayed. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entries will not be returned so please remember to keep a copy. Unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted and no feedback on any entry will be provided.
13) The photographs will be judged through the following process;
A panel of 3 local judges will select up to 24 photos, based on the above criteria. The judging will take place within 28 days of the competition closing date.
The up to 24 shortlisted final photographs will be featured in the September edition of The Ivybridge Magazine and be available to view in The Watermark Coffee Shop from mid-August 2019.
The public will be asked to vote for their favourite photo and can vote in person at The Watermark, by filling out the voting slip provided and dropping it into the Information Centre. Only one vote can be made per person and the vote must be cast in person. All duplicate votes will be disqualified and will not be counted.
The 12 winning photographs will be those that win the most public votes and will appear in The Watermark’s ‘Ivybridge Calendar 2020’ and/or the postcards designs chosen. The photograph that has the most public votes will be used as the cover photo, as well as being included in the calendar.
Entrants are permitted to promote the public vote but must not canvass for votes. Ivybridge Town Council reserves the right to cancel any votes they deem to have been cast due to unfair behaviour.
14) In the event of a technical problem or evidence of impropriety with regard to the public vote, the judges will have the final decision. If the public vote results in a tie, the judges will have the casting vote. The judges decision is final and no correspondence can be entered into.
15) All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. The entrants must be the sole owner of the copyright of all photographs entered and must have obtained permission of any people featured in the entries or their parents/guardians if children under 16 are featured. Where an individual or residential property, belonging to someone other than the photographer are featured, the photographer must seek permission and be prepared to provide written consent, if requested. Entrants must not have breached any laws when taking their photographs.
16) We are looking for original photographs, so entries must not have won any competition prize previously, either local or national. For the purposes of the competition, ‘national’ refers to the whole of the UK.
17) Entrants will retain the copyright of the photographs that they submit to Ivybridge Town Council. By entering this competition all entrants grant Ivybridge Town Council the right to publish and exhibit their photographs and the right to publish and exhibit their photographs in print or on their website. Ivybridge Town Council reserves the right to use any of the final 12 photographs at any time in the future to create postcards and calendars for sale. No fees will be payable for any of the above uses.
18) Entrants whose photographs are one of the finalists also agree to take part in post-competition publicity. Whilst we will make every effort to credit photographers, including in printed reproductions of their work, we cannot guarantee that every reproduction will include the photographer’s name. Entrants must ensure that the photograph is not used to publicise or promote companies, individuals, organisations or causes, other than those authorised by Ivybridge Town council
19) By entering, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these rules and Ivybridge Town Council reserves the right to exclude any entry from the competition at any time and in its absolute discretion if Ivybridge Town Council has reason to believe that the entrant has breached these rules.
20) Ivybridge Town Council reserves the right to cancel this competition or alter any of the rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
21) Please take your photos responsibly, please read the following guidelines: http://www.naturalengland.org.uk/ourwork/enjoying/countrysidecode/default.aspx